Sunday 10 June 2012

Well Lit & Amplified Tour 2012 - Act II ft. Blake Shelton

After Justin Moore's boot-stompin' set and a short break, the moment had finally arrived. The lights dimmed, and the crowd stood. I've seen a lot of great country performances, but I have never had an emotional reaction to an artist taking the stage. On March 8th, 2012 in Spokane, WA when Blake Shelton took the stage I cried, and I am not ashamed to admit it! Never in my life had I ever been so happy that I cried, and that night that man made it happen.


Of course any concert goer prefers to be front row for their favorite artist, but that's not always how it happens. However my sister and I had fantastic seats for this concert. We were on the floor at the tip of the catwalk.

After Blake's cover of Footloose, he sang All About Tonight. Followed by two of my favorites She Wouldn't Be Gone and  Don't Make Me. He does a beautiful cover of Michael Buble's Home, which Blake sang next. Some Beach and Drink On It followed.

Part of the reason I adore Blake Shelton the way that I do is because of his down-home, country boy charm. The man is from Oklahoma. He likes to hunt, he likes to drink and he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks about him!

After Kiss My Country Ass, Blake sang Ol' Red. Ol' Red may not be a conventional favorite, but I can not get enough of that song! It's about a man in prison after finding his wife with another man and the guard dog he is instructed to take care of. "Well I caught my wife with another man, and it cost me ninety nine. On a prison farm in Georgia, close to the Florida line. Well I'd been here for long years. I finally made the warden my friend, and so he sentences me to a life of ease taking care of Ol' Red." See? Not exactly conventional.

After Who Are You When I'm Not Lookin', Blake had a stool and a couple of guitars set-up at the end of the catwalk. He sang an acoustic version of Nobody But Me followed by Austin, his debut single from 2001. I can remember the very first time I heard Austin, and since then I've always said that it is the reason I fell in love with country music.


Dia Frampton was on Blake's team on The Voice. He brought the runner-up out to sing I Will, a song she wrote for her own album and asked Blake to sing on it. It was cute! Before singing a cover of Cee Lo Green's Forget You, Blake talked about the first time he met his fellow Voice coaches.



To make up for singing a pop song infront of "a hardcore country music audience", Blake sang a drinkin' song next. The More I Drink was followed by Honey Bee and Hillbilly Bone. For the encore, Blake brought Justin Moore back out to sing Travis Tritt's The Whiskey Ain't Workin'. Then Blake Shelton closed the show with his hit God Gave Me You.



Check out some more photos!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally got this post up! Seems like such a great show. I like that he did a few covers like F* You lol.

    ReplyDelete