Sunday 6 January 2013

Country music Jesus.

There is one concert that will forever stand out for me. I had only dreamed of such a moment, and then it surpassed my wildest expectations. Eric Church's Blood, Sweat & Blood Tour was country music at its finest.

Sister and I drove seven hours and across the border to Everett, WA. It started with a trip to Eric Church's Drink in Your Hand VIP. It was unlike any other VIP event I had previously taken part in.

We got to the venue early, picked up our passes and our seventh row floor tickets. We had a catered dinner with tasty home-made French onion dip, salsa and guacamole, meatballs and BBQ sauce and mac 'n cheese balls.

After dinner, sister and I left the lounge and went into the venue. We waited in line for forty-five minutes for merchandise, and then it was time to head back into the lounge. We didn't have to wait long for Eric Church to arrive. The next half hour was the best of my life. Nothing can compare to hearing Two Pink Lines sung to a room of no more than fifty people.
There were two opening acts for the Blood, Sweat & Tears Tour. Kip Moore and Justin Moore opened for Eric Church, but we unfortunately missed Kip Moore's performance due to the VIP event. We made it to our seats just in time for Justin Moore.

It was our fourth time seeing Justin. It might seem excessive, but he never disappoints.
It was finally time for the big moment. On a Tuesday night, a sold-out arena erupted as Eric Church sauntered onto the stage and opened with the more than suitable song, Country Music Jesus. If you've read my previous post about Blake Shelton's life changing concert, then you know that the song responsible for my love of country music is Austin. The second song I remember falling in love with is Eric Church's Guys Like Me.
 
He sang his classics - Hell on the Heart, How 'Bout You, Sinners Like Me, Smoke A Little Smoke - mixed with his new stuff - Over When It's Over, Homeboy, Creepin', Drink In My Hand. Two of the most memorable moments for me came during:
1) These Boots - I have never seen thousands of people take off their boots in unison and hold them in the air for the duration of a song. It was quite the sight!
2) Springsteen - It's the song, it's the piano, it's his voice... It's all amazing.

If you're a country music fan then you're a fan of Eric Church, and if you haven't seen the man in concert then you haven't fully lived life. This will forever be one of - if not the - best concert I have ever been to.


1 comment:

  1. Seems like a fun show!! And you got some amazing pics :) I just love reading what other artists do for their VIPs. I just cant imagine BSB doing a nice catered meal....only $250 hot dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete