Sunday 1 April 2012

Day 2 Cont'd - Prom Night

We had our prom dresses on, so from the concert we headed straight up to the deck party. The girls who hadn't been at the concert had already secured their spots as close as possible to where they believed the boys would be spending the evening. It was clear I wasn't going to get close enough to be amidst the action, so I perched myself up top where I could get some good pictures. I had been freezing all night and had been carrying around my recently purchased cruise hoodie. Boy, am I glad I had it at the deck party! The wind was brutal. I used my hoodie to anchor my short dress down. A long dress may have been the way to go..

Like any good prom night, ours had a theme. The theme was A Night to Remember, and it certainly was! What made it so memorable for me was Kevin's presence.

Looking dapper, all five boys arrived. Kevin in a classic black tux, while the other four opted for a more unique look. Howie channeled Tony Montana from Scarface, while Brian chose a turquoise tux. AJ and Nick channeled their inner Dumb & Dumber with AJ in a blue tux and Nick in an orange.

The boys took a moment to explain their wardrobe choices, shirts were tossed out, AJ and Nick pointed out that they never attended a prom and Howie shook his hips - A LOT. There was a small landing on the other side of the railing which acted perfectly as a stage. This prompted a lot of railing hopping which made me nervous. Once all five boys were settled on the small stage, they explained that Kevin had performed at that night's concert and since he wouldn't be on the boat the next night he would sing with the boys then and there. Lucky me, two Kevin performances in one night. Definitely the highlight of the night!


After the performance, the crowning of prom king and queen took place. The queens had been predetermined by plastic crowns placed in five goodie bags we received in our cabins. Those five lucky ladies would act as the boys, who happened to be prom king, dates for the evening. 

On the way to and from the lower stage, the boys and their dates walked right past me. Apparently, I had picked my spot up top just fine. I recorded the moment to prove to my dad that on the cruise the Backstreet Boys weren't caged up like animals held away from the fans.


Personally, I found a large part of Prom Night uneventful. Not complaining! It was incredible to have Kevin back, and it was entertaining to watch Nick line dance and YMCA. Wasn't much to it, so I'll just share some videos and photos of the night!




1 comment:

  1. lol at your comment about proving to your dad that the boys weren't caged up like animals.
    Totally agree with you on prom night though. Really special for 5 girls and so/so for the rest.

    ReplyDelete