Wednesday 25 April 2012

Day 3 Cont'd - PDA Pajama Jam

PDA Pajama Jam may have been my favorite theme night. Due to the weather conditions on the Lido Deck, the event had been moved indoors. It was a bit hectic as everyone scrambled to get their preferred spot. I had gone down to investigate, gone back to the cabin to grab my room mates and by the time we made it back all of the "good" spots had been taken. We each had a different idea where to stand - some went to the VIP section, some stayed on one of the balconies - but I headed to the floor. I stood near the back, but it was still easier to look up at the boys than to try and look over the heads infront of me on one of the balconies.


The Backstreet Boys arrived in their best PJ attire. Howie went for a Hugh Hefner look with a red, silk robe. Brian stayed silly with a cute Elmo outfit, while AJ stayed odd with a soft onesie ensemble. Nick Carter - my favorite look of the evening - wore Ninja Turtle pajamas, shell and all! Each boy thanked us for joining them on the cruise. AJ stated it was better than the first, while Howie pointed out that it was far from over. Brian gave his crown to the young lady who had her head shaven earlier that afternoon by the boys. And Nick gave us one of the best quotes of the trip, "Does anyone else got this shit going on with their voice? No, it's not just us, right? You ever of people getting sick on a cruise ship? You can be like, 'Yeah, I got sick from a fuckin' Backstreet Boy!'"


After the boys paraded and danced around, AJ introduced the last activity - a game of Truth or Dare. AJ was a fan of the idea of the boys answering really "gritty" questions, but Nick enforced a rule of each Backstreet Boy could only do a dare.

After the introduction, a random chant broke out. Someone had decided Brian should body surf, and the crowd seemed to agree! (The video is from where I was standing. It's probably not the best view of Brian, but it's what I experienced.) When it was all over, I think AJ put words to what everyone was thinking - "First of all, how fuckin' cool was that? Brian crowd surfing. Never in the last 19 years did I ever think that I would see that."


Next, marshmallows were introduced. As the boys tossed them into the crowd of screaming ladies, Nick decided to take it one step further - as he always does! From down on the bar, Nick would place a marshmallow in his mouth and then place it in the mouth of a frantic young lady. 


As the night progressed, it swirled into a giant blur of Backstreet incredibleness. Lucky fans got to partake in the game of Truth or Dare. Each boy did a dare that was so hilarious words could not do it justice. And as every good pajama party does, a pillow fight took place. The four boys had signed pillows and tossed them out into the sea of screaming girls. It was an amazing night, full of once in a lifetime sights, sounds and experiences.

Brian's dare - The Worm

Naughty time with Howie D! (Howie's dare)

AJ's dare - Tickle Time!

Massage by Fans! (Nick's dare)

This is one of my favorite pictures. After Nick's dare, he turned to his trusted bodyguard and a friend for comfort.. Please note how hilarious Q and Justin thought the butt grabbing was!






After the madness, Brian and AJ disappeared. A few pictures later, and my memory cards were full. Once my camera was rendered useless, reluctantly I decided to call it a night. One of, if not the, most amazing experiences of my life had come to end.

I only wish I could wake up tomorrow to summer 2013 and be boarding the next SS Backstreet...


More photos!




1 comment:

  1. LOVED PJ NIGHT!! Enjoyed reading this post b/c it brought back great memories :)

    ReplyDelete