Saturday 6 October 2012

Big Time Adventure Pt. 1 - BTST M&G Vancouver, BC

I want to start this post by saying this - I have some of the best boy band friends in the entire world. Ashley (the sole reason for my obsession with Big Time Rush) and her sister, Cortney, flew across the continent for their umpteenth concert but my first Big Time M&G in Vancouver, BC on Sept 16th, 2012.

On the 15th, I picked up the girls from the airport and we got checked into our hotel. With no real plans for the rest of the day, we spent our time laughing and relaxing in the hotel before heading out to find a place for dinner. Thanks to the wonders of social media, we knew that the Big Time Rush boys were already in Vancouver. I'm not familiar with Vancouver, and since the girls were visiting from New Jersey they weren't overly familiar with the area either. This put us at a disadvantage when it came to staging a "random" run-in with the boys. During dinner we were sat near a window, and you best believe we kept all of our eyes peeled - just in case! No such luck. With no sight of any of the boys, we headed back to the hotel to rest up for the big day.

With no real reason to wake up early, we took our time getting ready, having breakfast and lunch. Finally it was almost time for our M&G! We wondered over to the venue. We walked past where the buses were in the process of parking. We saw Ranel (the boys' security), and Dustin (band member, and Kendall's BFF). I had a slight fangirl moment over the sight of Dustin. We ventured to the front of the venue where we lined up for what was sure to be one of the greatest afternoons of my life!

After a short waiting period, we got our concert tickets and VIP passes. Until we physically had our tickets in our hands, we had not known where our seats were. Roughly a month ago, I saw my first Big Time Rush concert. We had an amazing time, but with lawn seats we didn't see much. Tonight we would be in the fourth row. I'd take that! We waited briefly, and then were lead down to the floor to take our seats for the soundcheck. Thanks to some strategic planning, we were front row center. Front row.. No one between me and the Big Time Rush boys - besides a barricade, of course.. Cue the intense boy band butterflies!!

Carlos, Logan, James and Kendall came out and took their seats (in that order, of course). Dustin took his seat on the other side of Carlos. The boys answered handfuls of questions, and sang two songs - Windows Down and Music Sounds Better With You. For me, there were three highlights during the Q&A portion. First, a young gentlemen asked James how he was feeling (because James had gotten food poisoning a couple of days before) and if he could show us his abs - prompting a laugh from all of the boys, and a sheepish smile from James. He said he was feeling a bit better, but judging by his abnormally flushed face he was still feeling icky. James never did show us his abs, dang! Then there was a girl who asked if the boys could sing Nothing Even Matters because it was her favorite song. Being the perfect gentlemen that they are, they obliged. It was flawless, and I loved it! And finally, Dustin chose Cortney to ask a question. Cort asked the boys what the weirdest thing on their rider was. James said puppies. Yes, fluffy puppies. The boys used to ask for puppies to play with - not to keep, Carlos made very clear. Only one venue ever supplied the boys with puppies, but another venue did have someone dress up in a dog suit. Weird is right!!

Before we knew it, it was time for photos. While waiting in line, my nerves and buttflies intensified. Those nerves and butterflies peaked when I walked into the room and saw the boys. Trying to steady my breathing, I got closer and closer.. Finally, it was my turn! Naturally, I got flustered and didn't hug the boys before the photo. I squeezed in between James and Carlos. After the photo was taken, James said "What? No hug?" I thought, "Well, HECK YEAH!" and squeezed him tightly. When I pulled away from James, Kendall was standing there with his arms out stretched. A hug from James and Kendall, I would say that my first M&G was a success.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your pic. And i still laugh everytime i read the response to Cort's question. lmao@ puppies.

    PS- Im totally behind on your blog. Busy catching up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still laugh too!!!...puppies is probably the best answer to that question ever!!...haha!!!

    and its true...i am the BEST boysband friend ever...haha!!

    ReplyDelete