Thursday 4 October 2012

Boyband Bonanza Pt. 4 - BTST Bristow, VA


As I have stated in an early entry, I have a new obsession - a big time obsession. The fourth and final event of the Boyband Bonanza weekend was a Big Time Summer Tour concert in Bristow, VA. I had never sat on the lawn, or even been to an amphitheatre  Regardless of where our seats were, I was beyond thrilled to see the four boys who had suddenly and completely stolen my boy band loving heart.

When we got to the venue the rain had cleared up, and we snatched a spot in the center of the lawn. By this time, we were all beyond exhausted - but ready to have an epic night. Thank you to my good friend Ashley (who I fully blame for my obsession with Big Time Rush), we had the best t-shirts for my first - not my last - Big Time Rush concert!

The opening acts for that night's concert were Rachel Crow and Cody Simpson. Because of The X Factor, I was a fan of Rachel Crow - who isn't?! As young as she is, she is full of spunk and talent. This stop was her last of the tour, so the boys of Big Time Rush did their best to make it memorable. Kendall sang Valerie with Rachel, and he joined her again with Logan and Carlos to sing Rock With You.
Cody Simpson is far too young for me! That said, I understand why the young girls are crazy for Cody. If I was still a pre-teen/teen, I would fall for that Australian charm as well. 

After Cody performed, a countdown clock appeared on the large screens. It is something so simple, but I loved it! No wondering or questioning when the band will take the stage. It started at twenty minutes, and as it counted down the excitement in the venue continued to grow.

I had only discovered Big Time Rush a handful of months prior, but I was falling in love. It felt like I had been waiting for this night for years. I was finally going to see Big Time Rush in concert. (Yes, that is me saying "Awe, I love him!" after James takes off his sunglasses. I am a James girl, however I do not know the ladies screaming "I love you, James" behind us.)


The whole evening was remarkable! Even when the rain came, we continued to have the time of our lives. I had four of my favorite boys on stage, and I had some of my best boy band friends by my side. It was the perfect end to an incredible weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment