Monday 30 January 2012

N-K-O-T-B-S-B, baby!

"It was a monumental moment. I've talked a lot about how there's crowd noise that we've heard our whole career but there's crowd noise that you can actually feel, and when the curtain lifted up you could feel that scream hit you in the chest. It moves you - physically moves, but also emotionally moves you." - Brian Littrell

June 19th, 2010 - Radio City Music Hall  New York, NY
An hour into the New Kids on the Block concert, the five members began to serenade the crowd of screaming fans with a 1999 hit that any boy band fan would know. As the New Kids sang an acoustic version of the Backstreet Boy's hit 'I Want It That Way', the curtain the New Kids were sitting in front of fell. Behind the curtain stood the four members of the Backstreet Boys. Radio City Music Hall erupted! This would be the spark that ignited the wild fire known as NKOTBSB.



November 21st, 2010 - The 38th American Music Awards   Los Angeles, CA
A lot can happen in four months, just ask the five members of NKOTB and the four members of the Backstreet Boys. After the surprise performance in June, rumours began swirl. Fast forward to November, and the nine members of the newly formed mega-boyband NKOTBSB were set to take the stage at the AMAs. I was curled up on my couch, ready to witness magic. The boys closed out the show in true, spectacular boyband fashion. There was choreography, pyrotechnics and those angelic voices. The performance, only seen on through the screen of my television, made my pulse race and my heart skip a beat. I was ready for whatever these nine men had in store for us!



1 comment:

  1. I remember getting the chills when I watched the AMA performance. That was the first time i really saw them together and prior to that i was so apprehensive. But that performance changed it all :)

    ReplyDelete