Thursday 2 February 2012

NKOTBSB extravaganza! (Cont'd)

Sunday, July 10th, 2011
I don't drink, but I do get concert hangovers. When I woke up on Sunday morning after the concert my ears were ringing, my head was pounding and my throat was scratchy. I wanted to just stay in bed, so Jenna and I ordered room service. We lounged around and reminisced about the night before. As we recounted the highlights of the evening, we were struck with a sudden idea..

The girls we had met the day before while walking around the venue had floor seats that night. During I'll Never Break Your Heart, the four Backstreet Boys chose four lucky ladies to serenade on stage. There were signs everywhere! Every girl wanted to be chosen by their favorite. One of the girls we had met had mentioned that her favorite was Nick. I don't know where she was sitting on the floor, or how she did it - but Nick chose her! When we saw her on stage, Jenna and I looked at each and smiled. Of course you want it to be you, but it was heart warming to see someone else have that special moment.

We had floor tickets for the concert that night, and we were going to make signs! We had never made signs for a concert before. We ran over to Staples, grabbed the necessary supplies and began working on clever ways to get the boys attention. Jenna was after Nick, and I was after AJ - our favorites. We worked, or should I say I worked while Jenna supervised, really hard on the signs and we were pleased with the results. It was time to get ready for the concert.

We grabbed a cab and headed back to Rogers Arena. The doors weren't open, so we found a bench and did some more people watching. The NKOTBSB tour brought out quite an eclectic crowd. There were people of all ages! I was only 21, my sister 19 and we were surrounded by people much older than us and even quite a bit younger. While we were lined up at the doors, wet met a mother with her young daughter. Her daughter couldn't have been older than 10 years old. The mother was telling us how she was a fan, and couldn't convince her husband to join her so she brought her daughter. When they were heading to the venue, they bumped into Nick and his bodyguard while crossing the street. She said Nick was so gracious, and stopped to take a picture with her daughter. It's not often that I find myself jealous of a 10 year old, but this was an exception.

As always, the first stop after we got through the doors was the merchandise stand. I only bought one t-shirt this time, a New Kids on the Block shirt. We went to find our seats. It had been seven years since I'd seen a Backstreet Boys concert from the floor. I was eager to get to our seats. As we got closer, and closer, and closer to the main stage the excitement grew. We found our seats eight rows from the main stage and against the catwalk. Not that I thought it was possible, but this concert was going to be even more spectacular than the night before!

Not only am I the crazy camera girl at concerts, I am always fond of staying in my seat. I like to get all of my shopping and snacks done before I sit down. I am convinced that if I were to leave, I would miss something. My sister does a lot of back-and-forth and bathroom breaks. I don't even take bathroom breaks! That can wait till the concert is over. And this was no exception. It may have been my second time in just two days seeing the same concert, but I wasn't about to miss one minute of it! But since it was the same concert and I did my recap of the first one in a previous blog, I think I'll just share some of my favorite photos this time.

Howie did his introduction of Neverest.


Then Matthew Morrison, or Mr. Schuester, did his thing. At the ed of his set, he did a phenomenal dance sequence to pay honor to some of his idols. This was one of my favorite moments.




Viva La Vida/Single/The One (Mash-up) - NKOTBSB


AJ McLean, Nick Carter and Donnie Walhberg


"Let me tell you the story 'bout the call that changed my destiny!"


"Get down, get down - and move it all around!"


"Let's just give'em 10 times!"


Oh, hello Danny.


Such a menacing gaze from Mr. Carter.


"Every time we're down, you can make it right.
And that makes you larger than life."


It's nap time for Nicky-Nick.


There are no words.


Hi Brian.



Up close & personal with AJ McLean.


Donnie was just as excited as us.

"Click, click, click!"


The ground entrance during Shape of My Heart.


Two of my favorite voices.


A Backstreet classic, I Want It That Way.


Thank you, gentlemen.

AJ loves Donnie.


Hangin' out during introductions.


"EVERYBODY!"




New Kids vs Backstreet


The end mash-up was an incredible ending to a spectacular concert.


Little sis, me and the confetti!


2 comments:

  1. love all your pics!!!

    i couldnt stop laughing when you were talking about making the signs...it sounds exactly like me and my sister...i work on all of our crafts while she "supervises"...haha!!!

    oh and backstreet hangovers are the worst...i have one right now after nicks concert last night...work is tough...haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah If your sister is anything like mine, then she is a remarkable supervisor!!

      Delete